Episode 6: Nutrition & The Three P’s
Looking to get to ground level on what healthy nutrition looks like? Here’s where the rubber meets the road:
Begin with a food journal
- Start as a “reactive” journal – write down what you ate
- Progress to a “reflective” journal – pick a meal and meditate on why you chose that food (stay positive—begin with a healthy meal you ate)
- Move on to a “proactive” journal – the 3 “P”‘s of nutrition.
Three “P”‘s of Nutrition
Most of the work happens here.
- Pick the framework you’re following (Paleo, Keto, Vegan, etc.)
- Select the foods from the framework for each macronutrient (Protein, Carbohydrate, Fat)
- Conceptualize the meals – put the foods together to make balanced meals
- Repeat for every meal you’re tackling. (In the beginning, repeating meals a number of times throughout the week makes it much easier!)
Just as it sounds — buy the food you planned
Cook it and enjoy!